Foot Drop Splint – KAFO
The splint is meant for use by people suffering from foot drop that causes the front of the feet to drop due to weakness.
- It provides the push that a person needs while walking through a unique strong leaf spring action.
- The anatomical design, as well as shape, allows for even weight distribution that helps with faster healing as it keeps the foot in a dorsiflexion position.
- Made from polypropylene.
- Velcro closures along with soft inner padding are included.
Foot Drop Splint
Foot drop, sometimes called “drop foot,” is the inability to lift the front part of the foot. This causes the toes to drag along the ground while walking. Foot drop can happen to one foot or both feet at the same time. It can strike at any age. Sometimes foot drop is temporary. In other cases, foot drop is permanent. Foot drop is a symptom of a disease rather than a condition. Wearing a Foot Drop Splint helps to hold your foot in a normal position. Pedisdrop Foot Drop Splint keeps the ankle at 90 degrees and prevents the foot from dropping towards the ground. This makes it much easier for the patient to walk and more unlikely for them to trip on their toes due to the dropped foot.
Foot Drop Splint supports people unable to lift their foot up due to paralysis or injury. A foot drop or a drop foot is a permanent anatomical or muscular problem where you experience difficulty lifting the foot from it most. In most cases, people suffering from dropped feet drag their feet while walking. Braces are used for supporting proper posture while walking.
- It is made from thermoplastic.
- Lightweight, yet strong.
- It has been fabricated to assist in dorsiflexion.
- It has been designed to fit into regular shoes; however, some fitting may be necessary.
- Pedisdrop Foot Drop Splint may be customized for a better fit by trimming and reshaping with a heat gun.
Available in sizes S, M, L, and XL for both legs