Quad cane crutch stick
A quad cane is a mobility device that aids walking and mobility. It is similar to a standard cane but has a metal base on the bottom with four tiny feet extending from the ground. These feet have rubber caps that help reduce slippage on the floor. Quad canes are usually lightweight aluminium and adjustable with a small push button.
Occasionally, one or both of your legs may weaken after illness or injury. This weakness may prevent you from walking normally. An extended period of immobilization or bed rest may lead to changes in your balance. A quad cane helps provide extra support to allow you to walk independently and safely.
An advantage of a quad cane is that it provides good stability. Quad canes can also be used on stairs, unlike a standard or wheeled walker. While sitting, a quad cane can stand next to you and will not fall over. When rising from sitting, be sure not to use the quad cane to pull yourself out of the chair, as it may tip over. Stand up first, and then grab the handle.
Walking With a Quad Cane
To walk with a quad cane, follow these simple steps.
- Hold the cane in one hand. If one leg is weak, hold the club in hand opposite the weak leg.
- Advance the quad cane forward about one arm’s length. Be sure all four legs of the quad cane contact the floor to prevent tipping.
- Step forward with the weak leg.
- Gently press down on the handle of the quad cane with your hand to help with stability. Advance your other leg just slightly past to first foot.
- Repeat this cycle.
A quad cane is extremely helpful for patients who need support while walking.
- Lightweight & sturdy extruded aluminium tube with an anodized finish
- A durable steel quad small base provides additional support
- Ergonomically designed polypropylene handgrip can reduce fatigue & provide a more comfortable experience
- The bottom tip is made of anti-slip rubber to reduce the accident of slipping
- Can withstand a weight capacity of 300 lb
- Helps those with poor balance
- The length can be adjusted telescopically per the individual requirement with a push-button.
- It can be used either left or right side.
- Plastic sleeves to reduce the friction between the upper and lower tube
- Swan neck handle for better grip and stability
- Four-legged construction with suction rubber tip for better grip on the floor
For more details contact us on.
Call/ Text/ Whatsapp : 0705 442 020 | 0724232336
You can also contact us here for product information.